Friday, May 30, 2008







Here are the pics for you to enjoy!



So, school is finally out - thank heaven! I'm happy and proud to report that I got straight A's this semester! (I will continue to gloat about this, so just get used to hearing it.) The girls are adjusting to being home all the time again, and if the weather would continuously permit, they would probably just live in the yard.
We had a great Memorial Day weekend. I must admit that it was very different than any other Memorial Day I have ever had, as we do not celebrate it at all back home. I mean, the banks are closed and there are no white people in Myrtle Beach on Memorial Day weekend, but we don't actually make it a point to get together and celebrate. But, if there's one thing I've learned after living in NY for a year (can you believe I made it this long? I amaze myself in so many ways...did I mention I got straight A's?) it's that PJ's family will take any reason to get together as long as food and drink are involved. Now that's a tradition that I can certainly learn to live with and love! (Plus, I get to celebrate getting all A's!)
The girls are doing great. Aubrey is walking around really well. She is also becoming more verbal and physical with me and her sister. She now says, "Hi DA!" when she sees PJ, and if I walk away from her while she's in the high chair, she calls me back into the kitchen with, "MA!" And it's not Ma as in "Maw," it's Maa. She sounds like she's from Long Island...it's hilarious. Ashlyn loves her sister - and she loves to show it! She is constantly putting her in a headlock (which she calls hugging) or laying on top of her (which she calls cuddling). It's cute, but Aubrey isn't a huge fan. So, she has started just palming Ashlyn in the face whenever she comes close in an effort to keep her at bay.
Ashlyn is doing great, other than being denied public displays of affection by her sister. Tonight we went to Samantha's dance recital. It was really good (I'm a sucker for those things. I simply cannot resist watching 4 year olds in sequins looking completely lost on stage) and Ashlyn was mesmerized the entire time. She say completely still, and her eyes never left the stage. At one point, she was moving her arms in time with the ballerinas. It was the most precious thing that I've ever seen! On the way home, she said: "Mommy, I love those princesses."
I told her that in a year or so, if she wanted to, that she could be like those princesses and dance. She said, "But I want to dance now!"
I honestly don't think I've ever been more proud!

No comments: