Thursday, November 1, 2007

Some tricks...mostly treats

Hello all! So sorry that it's been so long since the last post. I'm sure you're all well aware that I have nothing going on!
Anyway... let's start with Aubrey. This little penguin has been so busy lately. She's not crawling yet, but she gets where she wants to go! She's into EVERYTHING these days. The doc did end up prescribing some meds for her various rashes - and they're working! So, she's well on her way to being back to normal. We have had such a ball with little miss priss. She has officially found her voice, and boy, she loves to use it! She wakes up babbling and screeching in her crib as if to say "Ok, I'm up! Y'all need to get up, too!" What a doll she is!
Now on to the comic of the two girls...Ashlyn. Our little ladybug has been doing something or saying something funny pretty much every minute of every day. It's amazing to me that she's only 2, because she just knows so much. Here's a recap of the funniest moments lately:
Halloween:
Unfortunately, I had to miss out on trick-or-treating this year because of school. PJ took the girls all around town, and Ashlyn enjoyed getting stuff just for showing up at someone's house. In fact, when they got home, I was already here. I heard PJ tell Ashlyn to knock on the door and say "Trick or treat" to me. Well, she knocked on the door, and when I opened it she said, "Hi Mommy! Where's my candy?" Straight to the point, huh?
Cheer competition:
For those who didn't hear, I got my first big hairbow order, thanks to Samantha and Kathy, to do bows for the JV and Varsity cheer teams at Attica High School. So, since they were wearing my bows (and because I've never had to be pulled kicking and screaming to anything to do with cheering or dancing, especially both) we went to see the girls at the Sectional competition. Well, Ashlyn just LOVED every second of it. The dancing, the cheering, the jumping - she was in awe. She would shake her little booty and say, "I dancin' too! I cheerin' too!" then stand on her tip-toes and say "I jumpin' high, too!" It's was precious. (It's also PJ's worst nightmare, but oh well!)
Chronic Lyritosis:
Chronic lyritosis is a condition that affects millions of people, and we now have reason to believe it could be a genetic disorder. Chronic lyritosis causes people to not know the words to a song, but still sing along (with their own words) very loudly! I have personally suffered from this condition, and now Ashlyn does, too. On her CD that we listen to in the car ("All the children of the wee-olrd" as she calls it) there is a song called "Alive, alive." The words so a bit like this: "Alive, alive, alive forevermore. My Jesus is alive.....Sing Hallelujah(sp?), sing halleljuah...my Jesus is alive." But due to her chronic lyritosis, Ashlyn sings the song like this: "Alive, alive, alive fa-door-de-door, my Jesus is outside! He's got a ya-ya, He's got a ya-ya, ah Jesus is a lord." Honestly. No, I'm not kidding.
So that's it for now, but I do promise to do my best to keep this thing up to date as the holidays get closer!

No comments: