Monday, November 5, 2007

Kiddie Corral


This morning, Ashlyn and Aubrey were playing in the living room and Aubrey kept trying to eat Ashlyn's books. Ashlyn was very patient with her, taking each book away nicely and saying "No, Aubrey. That's my book, don't eat it!" But-when Aubrey went after the Elmo ABC book...well let's just say that was the last straw. Ashlyn quickly went into action, and used her little push-along popper thingy as a fence to keep Elmo a safe distance from Aubrey's drooly jowls. Now that's pretty bright if you ask me!
Now that Aubrey has learned to creep around get whatever she wants, she's not very fond of being put in her swing unless she's very sleepy. So, she's been trying to escape - as you can clearly see in the picture. The first time she tried to get out, I was in the girls' room with Ashlyn reading a book, thinking Aubrey was going to take a nap, when I heard clink, clink, whaaahaaa!!! I jumped up and looked and there she was, half out of the swing, almost touching the floor. She grunted and looked up at me and smiled as if to say, I'm going to get out of here and you can't stop me! (Don't worry, I didn't let her hang there. This pic was taken at a different time and the camera was sitting on the TV stand, so it only took a second to snap this picture.)

No comments: