Sunday, August 26, 2007

Our Weekend




Since I start school tomorrow, I figured I'd better post so that I can get the weekend news out there. We Spent Saturday night with Noni and went to Kathy's house. It was a nice visit, Grama Pooch and Ricky were there, so we got to see a lot of people in one stop. Ashlyn and Aubrey were the hit of the gathering, as usual. Aubrey just smiles at everything these days, and Ashlyn was facsinated by Kathy's dogs. I can't wait to get a place of our own so we can get a puppy for her. I think the only pet we could handle at this point would be a fish, though, so it's probably great that we can't have a pup!


Today was really fun. We went to church this morning and then had lunch before heading to the Eastview Mall in Victor. What a place! Not as big as the Galleria in Buffalo, but very nice and new. Lots of really cool stores - we had to go there to get Ashlyn's Stride Rite shoes (that gal has a very hard-to-fit foot!) and we ended up staying almost all afternoon.


The highlight of my day was while browsing in Macy's. Ashlyn saw a Guess handbag (a beautiful blue python-type leather, with silver accents -that kid has amazing taste!), pointed to it and said - "Oooh, Mommy, I need it!" So I got it down for her and she just hugged it. Then she looked up at me with those big blue eyes and said "Now shoes!" What can I say? She was raised right...


After our shopping trip, we went to see Allie, Joey, Aunt Debbie, and the recently elusive Uncle Dickie. Deb, ever the perfect hostess, fed us a great dinner and we watched the Yankees lose to the Tigers ::sigh:: before going home.


We're looking forward to this week, with school starting and the weather changing - keep us in your prayers!


No comments: