Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Blankets, Bubbles and Beautiful Babies

We had such a great day today. The weather is GORGEOUS - and I finally understand why everyone up here spends as much time outside as they do in the spring and summer! The girls and I had school, and I guess the weather just inspired me to be Cool Mom today, because after school we had a blast. I picked the girls up and we headed to Oliver's for ice cream (a treat we haven't had since Mema and Nanny were here last summer)! Ashlyn said, "Ooh! Ice Cream! I love ice cream! Is Mema gonna have some too?" So Mema - I hope you had your ice cream today, because Ashlyn was really worried about that!

After the trip to the ice cream shop, we headed to the park, where the girls had a blast sliding down the slides and swinging. Of course, I forgot my camera and didn't get any pics of that this time - but there will be plenty more oppurtunities for that, I promise!

When we got home, we took a blanket to the back yard and blew bubbles for about an hour, then came in and ate pizza. As I write this, the girls are watching Elmo. (Little do they know they're about to get in the tub and then it's off to bed!) So, here are the pics - hope you enjoy them as much I enjoyed taking them! Oh! And we planted a little garden in front of the porch. Ashlyn helped pick out and plant the pansies. I'm just hoping it doesn't snow again and kill everything...


(L-R (to the best of my ability): Our little garden, Ashlyn's new favorite thing - bubbles!; Aubrey in her new sun hat; Ashlyn again; Aubrey says, "Take off your shoes and get comfy, sissy!")














No comments: